Waverly Main Street plays an important role in strengthening our neighborhoods, by applying the Main Street approach to promote economic development and community revitalization. The volunteer-driven program is facilitated with assistance from Baltimore Development Corporation in efforts to improve safety, sanitation and code enforcement, as well as funding and design services for building renovations in Waverly’s commercial district.
A walk down Waverly Main Street reveals innovative building façade improvements and new signage - projects completed using grants obtained with assistance from WMS. We have all of these great things to offer:
- Great restaurants and diners that have received rave reviews and draw people from all over Baltimore
- Shops with just about everything you need for your clothing, beauty, decorating, and home improvement needs
- Services such as dry cleaning, nail salons, hair salons, dog grooming, health care, and free mediation services
- A weekly Farmers Market (year-round!) with an abundance of produce, baked goods, and prepared foods
- A rich history as a village center and bustling commercial district